SoftwareMaxon Cinema 4D
by Mike Udin
The standard functions Cinema 4D does not allow the output of materials in a separate passes as a white mask or as each material is represented in different colors. TakeMatPass is a plug-in for Cinema 4D R17-18. With this tool you can create additional take with mask of the material. Like a Material ID or an isolated white matte mask.v1.5.1
White matte mode
For each selected material in the material manager, TakeMatPass creates a separate take, where material is displayed with a white mask, and everything else, through the Material Override function, is black.
Color ID mode
For all selected materials, TakeMatPass creates take with the name «MaterialID», here each material is displayed with a separate unique color.
- In the current version, TakeMatPass works only with standard Cinema 4D materials.
- Each take operates independently as a separate document. Therefore, when rendering takes, you must first of all to bake simulations: dynamics, particles mograph animation and so forth.
TakeMatPass for Cinema4D R17 and higher
Cinema4D R18.057 bugs compatibility.
New features and changes:
1. Now the plugin works with materials, objects and texture tags.
2. Ability to set the same color for the selected objects/materials/tags. To do this, hold SHIFT and press the Create button.
3. Support for non-standard materials Cinema 4D, as well as Octane and VrayC4d and other external renderers.
4. The Delete button removes all the information created by the plugin: takes, materials, render settings.
1. Various kinds of simulations, for example, Dynamics or Mograph-animation before rendering should be cached or baked to keyframes.
2. Effects of visual geometry deformation (displacement) created by materials of third-party renderers are not supported.
Added readme file